Keynote Graphics Software Engineer - 200144807
Do you dream about seeing your graphics expertise shown off on a huge screen in front of an audience? Do you want your work to be used to introduce the next innovative Apple product? Do you want the whole world—or even a small classroom—to say "ooh" when they see an animation you worked on? If so, come join the Keynote team! We're seeking an enthusiastic software engineer to help design, implement, and optimize new features and animations for our custom animation rendering engine. It's a great opportunity to learn from a large team at Apple, work in a huge codebase, and inspire millions of loyal customers.
* Ability to visualize and implement high-level animation and graphical concepts
* Demonstrated experience with Metal, OpenGL, or similar GPU API
* Experience with shaders (GLSL, HLSL, Metal shading language, etc.)
* Excellent communication skills
* Adaptable, quick learner
Apple's iWork animation team is responsible for Keynote's custom animation engine, and the builds and transitions that it powers. We're looking for someone to help improve the power, ease of use, and visual "wow" factor for millions of users on macOS, iOS, and the web. The ideal candidate is passionate about creating high-quality, high-performance, and visually-engaging graphics and animations.
- Adding new features to the Keynote animation engine
- Profiling and optimizing performance of Keynote animations using state-of-the-art graphics techniques and research
- Keeping up with the latest best practices in graphics research and development
- Applying modern testing methodologies to a wide variety of animations and effects
Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience/skills
- Familiarity with computer graphics research (SIGGRAPH, GDC, etc.)
- Development experience with macOS or iOS (Xcode, Instruments, etc.)
- Experience with CoreGraphics and CoreAnimation - Experience with SceneKit, Unity, Unreal, or other high-level 3D API
- Experience with low-level media APIs (AVFoundation, VideoToolbox, etc.)
- Experience with Motion, After Effects, or other animation editing tools
- Experience with scripting, unit testing, and automated testing
- Deep knowledge of GPU architectures
- Artistic or design background
Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.