Senior Software Engineer
Level Ex is a fast-growing game studio that creates video games for doctors.
Our games feature thrilling medical cases built with the highest standards of game design and deliberate game mechanics. They also employ state-of-the-art graphics and physics technology, supported by the latest generation tech, allowing us to craft breathtaking virtual anatomy: custom-built GPU-based fluids, tissues, and soft-body systems that look and react like the real deal.
We attract top artists, engineers, producers, and designers from prominent gaming franchises, like Mortal Kombat, Halo, Call of Duty, Dragonvale, Star Wars, and many others. Meet some of our incredible team here, and learn why you’ll enjoy our company and culture - ?
We’re looking for a smart, technically diverse Senior Software Engineer to join our team.
What You’ll Be Doing with Us
- Create and maintain the core architecture of gameplay, rendering, and backend systems
- Work closely with other engineers, designers, artists, and producers to identify technical risks and implement solutions
- Research and use different technologies, SDKs, and architectures
- Collaborate closely with our game design, art, production, QA, medical research, and marketing teams on various project requirements, timelines, build reviews, and testing
- Write clean, professional, and maintainable code within our existing games
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other engineers through code reviews and leading by example
- Proactively problem-solve stability and performance issues for iOS and Android devices
- Participate in the game design process and optimize those designs for iOS and Android devices
Who We Want To Meet
- 6+ years of game development experience, with at least two shipped titles
- Solid experience working in Unity3D or Unreal Engine 4
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience
- iOS or Android development experience
- Experience across multiple aspects of game development, such as character control, physics, graphics, game logic, asset loading, scoring, analytics, etc.
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
- Proficiency in algorithms, design patterns, and data structure design
- Fluency in C#
- Proficiency with source control tools (i.e. Perforce)
Bonus Points For
- Experience with continuous integration tools
- Experience working with backend tools for game development
- Experience in AR or VR development
- 3D graphics experience
- Excellent 3D math skills
How We Make You Happy
- Multiple health insurance plans with 100% company-paid premiums
- 401(k) with company-paid match
- Dental and vision insurance
- Pre-tax flex spending and commuter accounts
- Paid vacation, sick days and holidays
- Downtown Loop location convenient to public transportation, and plenty of nearby food options
- Unlimited cold brew and gourmet coffee, kombucha, Bevi sparkling water, and craft beer
- Full kitchen and food options including breakfast, and both healthy and comfort snacks
- Team after-hours events, like Board Game Night
Just click on the link to submit your resume through our portal, that's it.
Level Ex is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
No Agencies or recruiters, please.
Candidates must be authorized to work and accept new employment in the U.S.
We are currently unable to accept resumes from foreign countries without a sponsored visa.